Pumpkins are high in Vitamin E and C but are also a rich source of Vitamin B. This vegetable is an excellent aid for weight loss and reducing cholesterol and also contains immune-boosting properties which assists in keeping the body strong to help ward off common colds and flus. Eating pumpkins after a workout will help replenish and restore the body due to its high levels of potassium which helps restore the body’s balance of electrolytes after exercise. Try these ‘Pumpkin Fries’ which are a great addition to your main meal or as a tasty snack
-Spice of your choice, Choose from cinnamon, Paprika, Moroccan, cumin, parsley, pink salt, chilli or just plain
-Coconut Oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Cut the pumpkin in half, lengthwise, and remove all seeds.
3. Use a potato peeler to remove pumpkin skin.
4. Using a very sharp knife, cut pumpkin into 5-10cm thick strips to resemble french fries.
5. Using the spice mix of your choice, coat the pumpkin strips.
6. Spray with a little coconut oil spray
7. Bake in oven for about 30-40mins until cooked. Time can vary
8. Let rest on baking paper