This delicious loaf is a staple in our house and it keeps everyone’s tummy happy as it is free from gluten, wheat, dairy and refined sugar. I make a double batch on the weekends and then slice and freeze the portions. This way it’s always on hand, which is great since it’s a much better alternative to some of the sugar-filled “breads” in Cafes.
What you’ll need:
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup rice or almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons L.S.A (linseeds, sunflower seeds, almonds)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup sultanas (optional)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mash bananas and stir in eggs, honey and coconut oil.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, L.S.A and cinnamon in a seperate bowl.
- Stir wet and dry ingredients together and spread into loaf tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Photo courtesy of www.fullofbeansphotography.com