What you’ll need:
- 3 medium fennel bulbs
- 8 medium to large-sized radishes
- ½ pomegranate, seeds only
- 1 cup roasted walnuts
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 200g labna (I used Barambah Organics Labna with Fennel and Sea Salt)
- 1½ teaspoons ground sumac
- A handful of fresh mint leaves Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make it:
1. Using a mandolin, finely slice the fennel and radish. Gently toss together in a serving dish.
2. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate and scatter half over the fennel and radish. Set the rest aside. Note: there are many ways to extract the seeds.
3. Roughly chop the roasted walnuts (you can either buy them roasted or simply place them into a 200°C oven on a baking paper lined tray for approximately ten minutes or until golden on top). Scatter half the chopped walnuts over the salad. Set the rest aside.
4. Combine the lemon juice, olive oil and crushed garlic in a clean glass jar and shake thoroughly. Taste it and add salt and pepper to suit your palate. Dress the salad with this mixture. You can decide how much or how little dressing you wish to use. You don’t have to use it all.
5. Generously dollop the labna over the top of the salad.
6. Sprinkle the sumac over the salad, making sure that some goes on top of the Labna, just so that you can see it.
7. Scatter the remaining pomegranate seeds and walnuts over the salad to garnish.
8. Gently place the mint leaves around the top of the salad. Enjoy!