The Wholesome Athlete Meg Gillmer shares her recipe for these delicious crunch bars.
These bars last up to a week – assuming you can keep your hands off them for that long! If after a few days the bars soften, simply pop them back into the oven for a few minutes and that will help return the crunch.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- (gluten free or plain flour
- also works well)
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped apricots
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup almonds, roughly
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
How to make them:
1. Pre-heat oven to 170°C fan-forced. Grease slice tin and line with
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Place vanilla, rice malt syrup and coconut oil in a saucepan. Cook
until mixture boils. Remove.
4. Stir wet mixture through dry mixture until combined. Press mixture
into pan and push down firmly.
5. Bake for 25 minutes. Turn oven off and leave bars for a further five
6. Leave in tin for 15 minutes before cooling on a cake rack. Slice and
store in an air tight container.