Mexican Scrambled Eggs
Everyone loves a good Mexican dish and this one is easy to make and yum!
Keep the recipe as is if you are looking to gain muscle. If your goal is to lean up, try these simple alternatives - Replace the olive oil with coconut oil, coconut yoghurt instead of crème fraiche. Substitute the bread with quinoa or just increase the quantity of the other ingredients to make it 100% paleo.
A great taste and easy to tweak ingredients depending on your individual needs.
MEXICAN SCRAMBLED EGGS
What you’ll need:
- 8 eggs 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup deseeded and diced tomatoes
- ½ white onion, finely diced
- 1 ripe avocado, deseeded cut into 5 mm diagonal slices
- ½ cup coriander/cilantro leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Sourdough bread, to serve
How to make it:
1. Whisk the eggs, garlic and crème fraîche until well combined.
2. Heat a large pan to medium, add half the olive oil and then add the egg mixture. Allow the egg to catch and soufflé then drag it into the middle of the pan, allowing more egg mixture to move on to the hot pan. Cook the eggs halfway (about 2 minutes) then fold in the tomatoes and onion.
3. Spoon the eggs onto the plate and add the avocado and coriander leaves, season and drizzle with the remaining extra olive oil.
4. Serve immediately with sourdough toast soldiers.
Recipe from A Homegrown Table, by Emma Dean