Our Faster Frittata Recipe
Short on time? Try our Faster Frittata recipe. This will make 4 portions so is great as a hearty dinner for 2 or a light lunch for 4.
You will need:
- 6 Free Range Eggs
- 125g of bacon, sliced into 1cm strips
- 1 head of Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 small Spanish Onion, finely sliced
- 1 handful Mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 handful of Basil Leaves, roughly chopped or torn
- 1 handful of pitted Kalamata Olives, halved
- Good pinch of Sea Salt (we used Maldon brand)
- Cracked Black Pepper
Freshly grated Regiano Parmesan Cheese to taste
Step 1: Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Slice the bacon, finely slice the onion and mushrooms, cut the broccoli into small florets, halve the olives, roughly chop or tear the basil leaves and put to one side.
Step 2: Crack 6 eggs into a mixing bowl with the salt, pepper and parmesan cheese and stir or whisk until all ingredients are combined.
Step 3: Heat the oil in a heavy based, oven proof, fry pan over low to medium heat for a few minutes before adding the onion, bacon, mushrooms and broccoli. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the onion is translucent and the mushrooms have softened. Then add the olives, feta cheese and the egg mixture then cook over a low heat for a further 5 minutes.
Step 4: Place the fry pan in the oven and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes or until the frittata is firm to the touch. Remove form the oven and allow to cool before serving.