Tricks that ACTUALLY take Sugar cravings away!
For many of us, cravings are due to habit – feeling like we absolutely NEED something sweet after a meal or at that 4pm afternoon blood sugar drop. Whether it’s cultural upbringing, unstable blood sugar levels, stress, emotional comfort or certain nutrient deficiencies – these cravings can be hard to deal with and can impact your commitment to eating healthy.
Whatever the reason may be, there are some simple ways to reduce these sugar cravings and perhaps beat them once and for all. Here are my personal tricks that really, really work:
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar in water 2-3 times a day before meals
- Lemon juice over salads/meals/in your water bottle.
- Magnesium! Mag citrate or dyglicinate works wonders for sugar cravings. I take mine at night – about 500mg.
- Using stevia and cinnamon as my sweeter of choice instead of honey/maple syrup/raw sugar.
- No fruit in the afternoon! I only enjoy fruit in the morning – when I eat fruit in the afternoon – it triggers afternoon and evening cravings.
- Protein at every meal! No skipping of this very blood sugar stabilising macro nutrient
- No longer being afraid of good fats Yay! I ensure I have a good fat at every meal e.g.: avo, olive oil, tahini or seeds. Good fats are very satiating- meaning they keep you full for long and therefore diminish cravings.
- And finally, no more than 1 coffee a day. More than that triggers cravings for me and many people I meet. Best to have it on a full stomach too.
I hope this helps you!! What are your tricks for when craving’s hit?
Blog post courtesy of www.jessicasepel.com, follow Jessica at @JSHealth